I may as well use this post for the announcement that I'll be trying 2 pony ask-blogs! I've been planning them for at least a year for both, definitely longer for the first.:
(1) Further along in development, thus this post! It'll feature:
- An unusual vector art style (has come out exactly like I hoped it would, so hopefully it won't get boring or look ugly as I go along)
- 2 OCs (stars of the blog) from a popular (and silly) MLP comic of mine
- Some canon characters
- A possible storyline (depending on what I get asked)
- Weird, real-life, biology references (I biology)
- Mythology references (I mythology, too)
- Silliness (working on getting the expressions more expressive)
- A core story of love (Hey, a little soppiness never hurt anyone!)
(2) Would be much further along if I could pick an art style. Will feature:
- Stories including mystery and problem-solving!
- A much darker and prone-to-be-downbeat plot, but as far as I know it's fairly original and I'm hoping it's grounded enough to not seem too cliché in its 2dark2edgy elements. (I've had at least 2 big ideas for a story that focuses on afterlife-based themes, so this will, if I keep to it, have a lot to work with!)
- Little to no canon character appearances.
- NSFW (gore/death) themes. <<< (I don't actually mind sexual content but I don't want to be spammed with "cyber my OC" questions! Also, it's not relevant to the plot.)
^^^ Simple Tumblr art style recommendations appreciated! At the moment I'm leaning towards MSPaint (simple and easy to colour) but I worry it'd look scrappy...
For both I've come up with the in-universe way for the characters to interact with the potential question-askers, and at least 2 story arcs... I hope I get to finish at least 1 for each! I often plan ahead of myself a little more than I have time for! But I digress, thoughts on Tumblr-stuff please!